- Grades Served: 7-8
- Address: 6100 Stow Canyon Road, Goleta CA 93117 | Map
- Phone: (805) 967-3486
- Fax: (805) 967-8176
- TDD: (805) 964-5481
- Principal: Mr. Mauricio Ortega
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Mascot: Mariners
- School Colors: Red and White
- Website: gvjh.sbunified.org
Goleta Valley Junior High opened its doors in 1964, making it the first secondary school in the burgeoning Goleta Valley. It was constructed on a 23.02-acre site.
Guided by a vision and mission statement and a list of student expectations, Goleta Valley Junior High students and staff share a commitment to the highest standards for academic excellence. The school’s participation in the National Science Foundation’s Partnership for School Innovation actively involves students with science. Intellectually challenging opportunities are available for qualified students in English, science, social studies and mathematics. Honors program students have a core class of English and social studies. Students with limited English receive specifically designed academic instruction in English for mathematics, social studies, and science, in addition to two periods of English as a Second Language. Supervised study time is available in the Homework Center after school, at Noon Tutorial sessions, and in two community locations after school hours.
National Blue Ribbon School (2000)
California Distinguished School (1999)
Feeder Schools and their District
- Brandon Elementary School – Goleta Union School District
- El Camino Elementary School – Goleta Union School District
- Ellwood Elementary School – Goleta Union School District
- Isla Vista Elementary School – Goleta Union School District
- Kellogg Elementary School – Goleta Union School District
- La Patera Elementary School – Goleta Union School District
- Mountain View Elementary School – Goleta Union School District
Goleta Valley Junior High School feeds into Dos Pueblos High School.